Breaking Ambitions

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Breaking Ambitions

Temporary forum for the Breaking Ambitions corporation

The Support Class Character

KiithSoban

The Support Class Character Empty The Support Class Character

Post  KiithSoban Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:03 pm

The Support Class Character

I’ve heard combat in MMOs is just about kicking each other in the shins until the other guy keels over. Obviously whoever has the largest boots wins right? Wrong. This is where the support character comes in. Support characters do not use guns in combat, rather the role they have drastically increases the survivability of all other ships in the fleet. Also, the support class character can get into a “real” pvp ship (not those silly t1 frigs) much faster than the character that is simply waiting to upgrade into larger boots.

The three main ships you will be focusing on are:
    1)The Blackbird. 15mil price tag. Jams things. Extremely effective in combat. Takes very few skills.
    2)The Basilisk. 200-270mil price tag. Remote reps shields. MAKES YOU up to 100mil an hour!
    3)The Falcon. 200-250mil price tag. Jams things. Warps and cloaks at the same time.
    4)The Rook. 200-250mil price tag. Jams things. Actually does damage to other ships as well.

Minimum Blackbird

Object:
    The Blackbird is a support ship. It uses its modules to prevent enemy ships from locking anything. A ship must first acquire a lock to fire its guns! One well-placed Blackbird can prevent (on average) three highly skilled enemy ships from ever firing a shot.

To fly the “minimum” blackbird, train the following skills in the order given:

Electronics 4
    Electronic warfare 4
    Long Range Targeting 4
    Caldari Frigate 4
    Jurry Rigging 1
    Electronics Superiority Rigging 1
    Caldari Cruiser 3
    Energy management 3
    Frequency Modulation 3
    Long Distance Jamming 3
    Signal Dispersion 3
    Targeting 3

Now you can fly a blackbird with the following fit:

[Blackbird, BB (warp in at 100km++)]
    Signal Distortion Amplifier II
    Signal Distortion Amplifier II

Enfeebling Phase Inversion ECM I
    Enfeebling Phase Inversion ECM I
    BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM
    'Umbra' I White Noise ECM
    'Hypnos' Ion Field ECM I
    Sensor Booster II

[empty high slot]
    [empty high slot]
    [empty high slot]
    [empty high slot]

Medium Particle Dispersion Projector I
    Medium Particle Dispersion Projector I
    Medium Particle Dispersion Augmentor I

Train the last six skills in the list to level 4 to perfect the setup. (starting with Caldari Cruiser and working your way down)

Tatics, Advantages, and Disadvantages:
    Check it out! You now have a highly useful ship to use for pvp. This thing takes the same amount of training time that the first rupture fit in the dps character thread does. Comparatively, this is a much better ship. Remember, the proper placement of a Blackbird is 100km away from the fight. Few ships in the game can even lock that far, a rare handful can do damage at that range. When you enter a fight, the ship you will be supporting will already be on the field and you will be told to warp in at 100km. Jam the enemy fleet. You will have just saved our asses.

Beware! The Blackbird has no tank at all! Do not take global criminal while near a gate. If someone gets close enough to shoot you, you will die. All you have to do is warp out before they have the chance. Remember to align to a planet once you land on the field. Warp out to the planet you are aligned to if either: 1) someone locks you or 2) someone gets closer than 70km. Remember, if someone is locking you at a distance further away than 70km, just try and jam them for a cycle or two. If unsuccessful, warp out. That’s it.

Remember, in war there is no one with unfair advantage. There are only the ones at an advantage, and the ones at a disadvantage.

The Minimum Basilisk

Once you are done training for the Blackbird, you want to make some isk right? Ever seen incursions? They make you 100mil an hour. Pretty insane huh? This is how you do it.

Train these skills. Order does not matter, but you must have them all to use the basilisk. (optional improvements in parentheses)

Electronics 5
    Long Range Targeting 5
    Signature Analysis 5
    Targeting 4 (Targeting 5 and Multitasking 3)
    Energy Emission Systems 4 (Energy Emission Systems 5)
    Engineering 5
    Energy Grid Upgrades 3
    Energy Management 4
    Energy Systems Operation 5
    Shield Emission Systems 4
    Shield Upgrades 3
    Tatical Shield Manipulation 4
    Hull Upgrades 4
    Jury Rigging 1
    Shield Rigging 1
    Navagation 3 (Navigation 5)
    Afterburner 1 (Afterburner 4 and other navigation skills)
    Spaceship Command 3
    Caldari Frigate 4
    Caldari Cruiser 5
    Logistics 4 (Logistics 5) ***extremely important

Yes that is a lot but now you can join incursion fleets and make 100mil an hour! This Training path takes the same amount of time that the fully T2 Stabber Fleet takes.

The Fitting:

[Basilisk, Minimum Basi]
    Damage Control II
    Beta Reactor Control: Diagnostic System I

Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
    Conjunctive Gravimetric ECCM Scanning Array I
    Invulnerability Field II
    Photon Scattering Field II
    Y-S8 Hydrocarbon I Afterburners

Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter
    Large 'Regard' I Power Projector
    Large 'Regard' I Power Projector

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
    Medium Core Defence Field Extender I

The idea is that you have one or two other Basis with you. Use the cap transfers to keep you both cap stable and use your shied transporters to repair the shields of other ships in your fleet.

Anyways, I hope this gives you a good alternative to the “all guns” character. It would help to put as much remap points to intelligence as you can. Put your remaining points in perception. Happy hunting.

--KiithSoban

"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."
    --Sun Tzu's: The Art of War